- The active ingredient in ARNUITY is fluticasone furoate — not fluticasone propionate.
- Fluticasone furoate (FF) exerts its activity as an intact molecule, and not as a prodrug or salt of fluticasone.6
- Following repeat-dose inhaled administration, the plasma elimination half‑life of FF averaged 24 hours.
- The fluticasone steroid backbone is common to both FF and fluticasone propionate (FP). FF contains a 17α-furoate ester; FP contains a propionate ester.6
- Fluticasone furoate (FF) has been shown in vitro to exhibit a binding affinity for the human glucocorticoid receptor that is approximately 29.9 times that of dexamethasone and 1.7 times that of fluticasone propionate.
The clinical relevance of these in vitro findings is unknown.